Skip to main content

What contributes to ADHD?

 

Here are the DSM-V criteria for ADHD.  I am curious in comparing how my husband and I display different "flavors" of ADHD and how that might correlate with our personalities.

Here are the symptoms my husband Greg displays.  He is carelessly inattentive, cannot sustain attention (not really even interested), with poor follow through, very little interest in scheduling or organizing his time, major procrastination and easily distractible. He is also a squirmy person, talking too loudly and too much when socializing, blurting out answers (guesses) and interrupting others.




I'm cross posting this on my ADHD blog. Greg is an INFJ with this pattern.  Greg has dominant Ni (introverted iNtuition) compared to my Si.  I think that contributes to his flavor of space cadet. His animal stack is: blast, sleep, consume, play last. I wonder if low consume contributes to ADHD (though high consume would also, just a different flavor).
See: A couple with different flavors of ADHD (navigateadhd.blogspot.com)

His Dr. Amen types would probably include Limbic and Anxious ADD.

Here are the symptoms I exhibit. I am also carelessly inattentive, but I can sustain attention (to the point of overfocus), often appearing not to listen (unless at work), with poor follow through, hyperfocused on scheduling or organizing my time, frequently losing things!, also with major procrastination and easily distractible. I am also a squirmy person, often leaving my seat (despite sitting too much at work!), hard time wating, blurting out answers (guesses) and interrupting others.





I am and ISFJ jumper.  I have dominant Si (introverted sensing) compared to Greg's Ni.  My animal stack is: sleep, blast, play, consume last. My absent consume leads to careless errors (which I don't care about).  
My Dr. Amen types would probably include Overfocused, Temporal and Limbic.


ADHD AND THE BRAIN









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Types

  Soul Types (or Seven Roles)| Michael Teachings OVERLEAVES FOR JANE REKAS  6th - 7th Mature Artisan with Scholar essence twin Greg's Overleaves  Old Sage with strong bleedthrough of Priest and Artisan energy.    1. Physiognomy & Classical Temperaments Humoral theory (Hippocrates / Galen) : Server → phlegmatic (soft, round, nurturing features). Artisan → sanguine (expressive, playful, changeable). Warrior → choleric (angular, firm, energetic). Scholar → balanced/melancholic (oval, neutral, thoughtful). Sage → sanguine (animated, lively features). Priest → choleric-melancholic mix (elongated, visionary intensity). King → choleric (commanding, regal presence). 2. Chinese Face Reading (Mian Xiang / Vutology you mentioned before) Server : “Earth face” — rounded, full cheeks, grounding, caring. Artisan : “Water face” — fluid, changeable, artistic expression in eyes. Warrior : “Metal face” — square jaw, strong lines, ...

MBTI facial features

  dominant Fi dominant Ti dominant Se dominant Se dominant Si dominant Si dominant Fe dominant Te dominant Ni dominant Fi dominant Fe dominant Ne dominant Ni dominant Ti dominant Te dominant Ne Extraverts → broader, more animated faces, expressive eyes and mouths. Introverts → narrower, contained, subtler expressions. Sensors → grounded, solid, practical expressions. Intuitives → refined, abstract, dreamy or visionary looks. Thinkers → sharper, angular, serious faces. Feelers → rounder, softer, warm smiles. Judgers → composed, symmetrical, structured expressions. Perceivers → relaxed, playful, spontaneous features.

Soul Type face correlations

    Server type 2 Artisan type 4 or 7 Sage type 7 Warrior type 8 King type 8 or 3 Priest type 1 or 4 Scholar type 5 Server or Scholar (occasionally Warrior) Type 6 Server or Scholar (occasionally King) Type 9