So I asked chatGPT some questions. (The images are mine, generated in canva - not chatGPT).
Objective Personality question: I'm FM Si/Ti SB/P(C) #3 and my husband is FF Ni/Fe BS/C(P) #3, so I have savior feminine Ti and my husband has demon masculine Ti. I think it creates a repetitive problem in how we interact. I will very easily state when I am angry and when I think someone else is wrong. He will only tell me I am wrong when I have shown anger first (my demon extraverted Feeling too). I am already upset, so I don't want to hear it. So he is upset that I am angry at him and not listening. Correct?
Yes, you’ve captured a dynamic that could be linked to both of your Objective Personality types. Based on your descriptions:
- You, as FM Si/Ti SB/P(C) #3, have savior feminine Ti, which means you might be quick to express when something feels wrong or when you’re angry. Ti as a savior function works internally to analyze and make sense of situations, and with your feminine Ti, you may express your feelings of being upset directly and assertively when they arise. This also connects to your emotional transparency in letting others know when you’re angry or upset.
- Your husband, as FF Ni/Fe BS/C(P) #3, has demon masculine Ti, which means that he may not easily express his Ti directly or in the moment, especially in a heated situation. His Ti comes out more indirectly and can often feel like a critique or judgment when triggered. Since Ti is his demon function, it can become very sharp or critical when he’s already emotionally upset, which could make him only call you out or critique you when you're already angry.
The repetitive issue you’re describing fits well with this dynamic. When you show anger or frustration (your feminine Ti expressed outwardly), it triggers his demon masculine Ti, leading him to critique or tell you you’re wrong. However, because you're already upset, you may not be open to hearing his critique or feel like it’s invalidating your emotional experience. This then leads to a feedback loop where you're upset at him for critiquing you, and he's upset that you're not listening to him, especially since he's responding to your emotions and the way they’re being expressed.
In short: Yes, you’re correct. This dynamic can result in both of you becoming frustrated with each other because of the way you each process and respond to anger and criticism, especially when it’s triggered by your emotions. He might feel like you're not hearing him or not open to listening when you're upset, while you might feel invalidated or unheard when he critiques you in an emotionally charged moment.
The other factor is my savior Si and his savior Ni. He will ask me about a future plan by stating "this is happening, right?" He is saying he has a conclusion about what he expects to happen. Unfortunately, 8 times out of 10 he is wrong. As an Si, I expect more precision, less guessing. I wish he would say, I'm guessing here, what is happening? and then let me tell him. Since I can't make him change, how can I respond better and tolerate my frustration?
You're highlighting another key difference in your Objective Personality types—your **savior Si** and his **savior Ni**. This dynamic can certainly create some tension, especially when it comes to how you both approach understanding and planning for the future.
- **Savior Si**: As someone with savior Si, you have a preference for dealing with concrete, precise details from the past or present to create a clear understanding. When it comes to future planning, you likely expect things to be more well-defined and grounded, so any vague or imprecise assumptions can feel frustrating. You value accuracy and can struggle with the kind of "guessing" or uncertainty that can come with Ni.
- **Savior Ni**: On the other hand, your husband, with his **savior Ni**, is more likely to have an intuitive sense of what he expects to happen in the future based on patterns and insights that come from his internal understanding. Ni is about synthesizing information into a single, often generalized insight, and it doesn't always provide the detailed precision you're looking for. His approach may come off as confident or definitive ("This is happening, right?"), but as you've noticed, he often might be wrong because Ni conclusions are projections rather than solid facts.
This can create a situation where you feel frustrated with his lack of precision, and he may feel that you’re not accepting his future-oriented perspective, especially when it doesn’t align with your more grounded view.
### Ways to Respond Better and Tolerate Frustration:
1. **Acknowledge His Approach Before Responding**: Recognize that his Ni is leading him to make projections based on his internal understanding of things, even if they're not always right. A simple acknowledgment such as, "I see you're guessing or predicting what might happen," can help validate his perspective without immediately becoming frustrated.
2. **Express Your Need for Precision**: When he states, "This is happening, right?" you can calmly explain your need for more accuracy. For example, you could say, "I appreciate that you're trying to figure things out, but for me to give a clearer response, I'd like to know what you're guessing and then I'll provide more accurate information based on what I know." This gives him permission to be less definitive and more open to discussing options, while also helping you manage your need for precision.
3. **Give Yourself Permission to Tolerate Imperfection**: Since Ni conclusions are often abstract and open to change, try reminding yourself that his guesses aren’t "wrong" in the way you might interpret them—he’s simply using a different cognitive approach. A mantra like, "It's okay if he’s guessing; I can give more clarity" can help shift your perspective and reduce the emotional charge that builds up when you feel his guess is incorrect.
4. **Set Boundaries for Future Conversations**: If his predictions are consistently off, it might be helpful to set boundaries for how to approach planning or discussing future events. You might say something like, "I really want to help us plan, but for it to feel more effective, we need to focus on what we *know* rather than assumptions. Let’s talk through the details we do have." This can help steer the conversation toward a more fact-based approach while acknowledging his desire for understanding.
5. **Allow Room for Both of Your Strengths**: Instead of seeing this as a problem, try reframing it as a balancing act of both perspectives. His **Ni** offers creative possibilities and long-term thinking, while your **Si** provides grounded facts and accuracy. While your frustrations are valid, embracing these differences as complementary could help both of you feel more understood in your communication.
Ultimately, focusing on understanding his perspective while expressing your need for precision and clarity can help foster more constructive conversations and lessen your frustration. You’ll be able to respond with more patience, knowing that his approach is coming from his cognitive wiring, just as yours is.



.png)
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment